My Research Agenda
My research agenda closely aligns with my identity as a counselor educator, as my research centers around the relationship between training mental health professionals and clients' psychotherapeutic outcomes.
My current research priorities include:
- Exploring how substance use training can alter trainees' conceptual frameworks and contribute to their knowledge of treating substance use disorders.
- Understanding students' experiences in the context of novel approaches to course design.
- Developing an instrument for measuring counseling students' cognitive complexity development.
- Empirically evaluating developmental models that apply to mental health professionals.
- Understanding the relationship between counselors' cognitive complexity development and client outcomes.